Abstract : 3 cases of Peelings Complications and How to resolve them with Other Peelings
Authors : Alain Tenenbaum, MD.,PhD.,D.Sc-Facial Plastic Surgeon
Mauro Tiziani, Molecular Biologist
What delegates will learn /take away from this Presentation
- - How to choose a TCA
- - Why glycolic acid is dangerous as any monoprotic acids ( Classification of Peelings in function of the pKa of A.Tenenbaum)
- - The use of Simulcium and Selenium as frosting stopper
- - The use of Kojic Acid as Depigmentant
- - The use of Vitamin A, C,D,E,F for any INCI cosmeceutic
- - The use of gamma orizanol instead of Vitamin B
- - The use of Lipoic Acid as Penetration Factor
- - The forbidden ingredients in cosmetic dermatology, which are unfortunately used in 99% of market cosmetics
- - How to resolve peelings complications, mostly hyperchromies .
3 Cases of Peelings Complications have been
Knowing with simple material and with INCI ingredients how to resolve hyperchromic complications after TCA, glycolic acid on face, neck, decollete with simple procedures but following strict protocols.
3 Cases of peelings Complications have been chosen
Large and Wide Demarcation line around the neck after chemodermabrasion
Facial Diffuse Hyperchromy after TCA and glycolic acid Treatment
Hyperchromy of the Decollete after Glycolic Acid Treatment
we have chosen
- Not buffered TCA , at different concentrations with pure cristals, using demineralized water
- Kojic Acid
- Vitamins A, C,E,F,gamma orizanol,anti UVA, anti UVB
- Lipoic Acid
- Simulcium and Selenium
Protocols with follow up will be shown during the Presentation.
- The cervical large circular hyperchromic demarcation line post chemodermabrasion has been completely resolved after 4 sessions with 1 session / week without any recidives > 1 year.
- The Facial Hyperchromy post TCA + Glycolic acid has been resolved completely after 4 months,with 1 session / week during 1 st month and 1 session/month after, with more intensive and deeper hyperchromy during the first 3 months, which should not make stop the treatment. This generated of course a social eviction.No recidives has been seen after long time > 1 year.
- The hyperchromy of the Decollete after Glyoclic Acid Peeling has been resolved completely after 4 months with 1 session / week during 1 st month and 1 session/month after, with more intensive hyperchromy during the first 3 months, which should not make stop the treatment.
MD dealing with peelings complications should trust in their products and protocols as procedures, even if during 3 or more sessions, the complications look worse than before.
Such temporary worsening has to be explained to the patient to follow up the treatment , and the social eviction has to be taken in consideration.
The end of the tunnel can be from 1 month up to 4 months without any recidives and cosmetics , skin care and sun protectors have to be chosen by the MD resolving the complications, to avoid pigmentary rebounds .